Welcome to the Writing Support Centre
Registration is now open for Western's Summer Academic Writing Clinics (SAWC). SAWC is a three-day program designed to help students transition to university. SAWC is a great opportunity for incoming first-year students to build confidence and skills while meeting new friends, experiencing residence life, and exploring Western.
Writing Support Centre services:
- Individual one-to-one appointments at our centre in the Western Student Services Building
- Drop-In services at Weldon Library
- In-house seminars and workshops
- Online writing help
- Online writing resources
- Transitioning to university writing clinics for incoming students (SAWC)
- Outreach presentations for faculty
- GradWRITE: a series of workshops and annual conference tailored for grads and postdocs
- GradLAB: a resource lounge for grads and postdocs
- Dissertation Writers' Retreats
Have a 50-minute, one-to-one meeting with a writing advisor. You can bring any academic or professional writing at any stage of the writing process.
Seminars and Workshops
Whether you have specific or general writing concerns, we have you covered. Our series of writing seminars are scheduled throughout the Fall and Winter terms.
Our Drop-In services are available throughout the Fall and Winter terms in our Weldon Library location beside Argo Tea Café. 25 minute sessions.
Summer Academic Writing Clinic
Designed for incoming first-year students, SAWC introduces you to writing at the university level before you have to hand in your first assignment.
GradWRITE one-to-one appointments, seminars, conferences, and resources are tailored to meet the writing needs of grad students and postdocs.
We offer helpful writing resources to browse and download, web links, and the opportunity to have someone critique your essays via email with Online Writing Help.