Writing Support Centre: Find us in Western Student Services Building room 4130
Writing Support Centre: We offer free one-to-one writing counselling
Writing Support Centre: Our Weldon Drop-In service
Writing Support Centre: Summer Academic Writing Clinic
Writing Support Centre: GradLab writing resource centre for grads and postdocs
Writing Support Centre services:
- Individual one-to-one counselling at our centre in the Western Student Services Building
- Drop-In counselling services at Weldon Library
- In-house seminars and workshops
- Online writing help
- Online writing resources
- Transitioning to university writing clinics for in-coming students
- Outreach presentations for faculty
- GradWRITE: a series of workshops and annual conference tailored for grads and postdocs
- GradLAB: a resource lounge for grads and postdocs
- Dissertation Writers' Retreats
Have a 50 minute, one-to-one meeting with a writing counsellor. You can bring any academic or professional writing at any stage of the writing process.
Seminars and Workshops
Whether you have specific or general writing concerns, we have you covered. Our series of writing seminars are scheduled throughout the Fall and Winter terms.
Our Drop-In services are available throughout the Fall and Winter terms in our Weldon Library location beside Argo Tea Café.
Summer Academic Writing Clinic
Designed for incoming first-year students, SAWC introduces you to writing at the university level before you have to hand in your first assignment.
GradWRITE one-to-one counselling, seminars, conferences, and resources are tailored to meet the writing needs of grad students and postdocs.
We offer helpful writing resources to browse and download, web links, and the opportunity to have someone critique your essays via email with Online Writing Help.