Online Writing Help
Our Online Writing Assistance is specifically for Western Distance Studies Students who cannot attend one-to-one appointments at our main centre in the Western Student Services Building, or our Drop-In services in Weldon Library. Western Distance Studies students can submit their drafts of written assignments or writing-related questions directly to the Writing Support Centre.
We are experiencing an unusually high Volume of submissions. As a result, Our Online Writing help is Not available at this Time. We appreciate your Patience until we deal with the backlog.
How it works:
- Fill out the Online Writing Assistance form using the link below to submit a draft of your writing assignment or any writing-related questions.
- A writing advisor will respond with feedback to the draft within 4 days (not including weekends). We are not a 24/7 service. We will respond during our business hours.
- We are only able to respond to one submission at a time. Once you have submitted your work you must wait until you receive our feedback before submitting additional writing. Multiple submissions will be ignored.
- We spend the same time with online submissions as we do in our 50-minute one-to-one counselling sessions. This means we can read and comprehensively respond to about 5 pages of written work.
- Students should be as specific as possible with their questions for the writing advisor. Do not just cut and paste the assignment instructions.
- Students are limited to one submission per assignment.
- We are not an editing service. We are a teaching unit. We will provide general comments on how to improve your written work.
Where to submit your writing assignments:
- The Writing Support Centre only provides online help for work submitted using the following link: