Welcome to the Writing Support Centre
Thanks for making our 2018 Summer Academic Writing Clinics (SAWC) a success. We hope to see you in September.
Check out our seminar series. Writing Seminars for undergrads and GradWRITE Seminars for grads and postdocs start in September.
Our appointment booking is going online this September. Stay tuned for details.
Writing Support Centre services:
- Individual one-to-one appointments at our centre in the Western Student Services Building
- Drop-In services at Weldon Library
- In-house seminars and workshops
- Online writing help
- Online writing resources
- Transitioning to university writing clinics for incoming students (SAWC)
- Outreach presentations for faculty
- GradWRITE: a series of workshops and annual conference tailored for grads and postdocs
- GradLAB: a resource lounge for grads and postdocs
- Dissertation Writers' Retreats
Have a 50-minute, one-to-one meeting with a writing advisor. You can bring any academic or professional writing at any stage of the writing process.
Seminars and Workshops
Whether you have specific or general writing concerns, we have you covered. Our series of writing seminars are scheduled throughout the Fall and Winter terms.
Our Drop-In services are available throughout the Fall and Winter terms in our Weldon Library location beside Argo Tea Café. 25 minute sessions.
Summer Academic Writing Clinic
Designed for incoming first-year students, SAWC introduces you to writing at the university level before you have to hand in your first assignment.
GradWRITE one-to-one appointments, seminars, conferences, and resources are tailored to meet the writing needs of grad students and postdocs.
We offer helpful writing resources to browse and download, web links, and the opportunity to have someone critique your essays via email with Online Writing Help.